Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Election day pumpkin waffles

I love making breakfast, but never have time during the work week-- I usually just grab a cereal bar and go. So, I decided to celebrate Election Day with pumpkin waffles. (Pumpkin EVERYTHING might be my favorite thing about fall). This was so simple that I had to share. I used Maple Grove Farms Belgian Waffle mix and followed the steps on the box for a regular waffle maker. There were two separate instructions, one for a Belgian waffle maker and one for a regular waffle maker. Then, I added three tablespoons of organic pumpkin and about a 1/2 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice to the waffle batter.


Anderson's maple syrup, waffle mix, Trader Joes organic pumpkin, homemade whipped cream

Even though the waffles didn't all look perfect, they tasted like perfection!


**I have to say  the Anderson's maple syrup and the homemade whipped cream had a lot to do with the scrumpiousness of this breakfast! Mmmm!


 **Whipped cream recipe-1/2 cup of heavy whipping cream, 2 generous teaspoons of confectioners' sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla. Whip for about 10 minutes and magically it becomes a light, sweet topping! Soo delicious and fun!

Happy Election Day- now it's time to go vote!


2 comments:

  1. Mmm this sounds delicious! I'm too late to make them today, but maybe I'll make a special Day After Election Day breakfast! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They'd be great for day after election day breakfast or any day for that matter, trust me :)

    ReplyDelete