Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Out of the mouths of babes...or just funny kids

Pinned Image

I've always wanted to keep a journal of the hilarious conversations I have with the kids at school. Most of the time I get a good laugh and then forget about it by the end of the day. In an effort to remember those "kids say the darndest things" moments, this will be a reoccurring post.

So just a little bit about my job, I'm an elementary school special education resource teacher...what does that mean exactly?? Well, I teach kids with learning disabilities, ADHD, high functioning autism, etc. Most of the kids have average to above average intelligence and are mainstreamed; they just need some extra help with reading, writing, or math. My favorite part of the job is the funny little occurrences that happen on a regular basis. Here are the top four:

1. boy: "Ms. G., are you married?"
    me: "No, I'm not."  
    girl: "No, she's going to be a cat lady the rest of her life, all she ever talks about is her cat."**
**It didn't help this conversation happened well before I got married and my dating life was nonexistent.

2. Scenario: One day, Mrs. L., a teacher who was eight months pregnant, came to school wearing a dress.
    boy: (obviously very concerned) "Mrs. L., why are you wearing a dress??!! Won't the baby fall out?"

3. boy: "Back when my parents were dating, my dad had to choose between proposing to my mom and buying a Porsche."
   teacher: "So, what did he choose?"
   boy: "He proposed to my mom."
   teacher: "Why didn't he buy a Porsche, too?"
   boy: "Because women are REALLY expensive!"

 



Fellow teachers and moms: Any "kids say the darndest things" moments you'd like to share?

I'm linking up with Newlywed Moments Today!

Newlywed Moments

12 comments:

  1. thanks so much for linking up with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post, kids do say funny things.

    My son was pretending to be a robot last night and when I asked for my goodnight hug he said "Robots can't hug" in a very robotic voice.

    I am visiting from The Tuesday blog hop :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. And following now too because I know I need some simple fun in my life :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are too cute and it is precious when you can capture these moments. I did something like this for my son for Christmas last year so he could have a good laugh at what he use to say when he was younger.
    I am following you now and would love for you to follow along.
    Jillian
    http://puzzlemecomplete.blogspot.com/2012/11/family-traditions.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. As a fellow teacher myself, I've heard and had plenty of experiences with students saying the darnest things! These made me chuckle knowing that someone else can understand my musings!

    MJ
    Papersidewalks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh. Kids are hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, thanks for stopping by my blog! This is too funny! I'm a teacher too. I've had some fun moments. A funny recent one was I had some students researching the presidential candidates. They came up to me and said, "Mrs. Hall, that website said that Mitt Romney is a moron." They were as serious and concerned as could be. I tried not to laugh as I explained that the word was "Mormon." Also, while discussing the presidential candidates, I had a student spell Barack Obama as "Bracko Bama." Kids are funny...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha those are good ones! You just gotta laugh :)

      Delete
  8. Lol. I teach as well, so this is too funny!! I have always taken notes on the silly things that kids say. =)
    New follower! And I have your button on my blog too!! Yay! Thanks for putting mine up!

    xo, Karla

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi there!! Just coming to visit your blog and letting you know I am following you :) have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for checking out our blog and following us! I'm now your newest follower too :) Your blog is so fun!

    ReplyDelete